JOSEPH BARTON OF LAURENS COUNTY/PENDLETON DISTRICT, SOUTH CAROLINA
Joseph Barton (b. about 1755/d. about 1817;
(Pickens Co., SC) )
At the time of his death, Joseph owned land on the South Fork of Cane Creek of Keowee River in SC [according to descendant, Charles A. Barton]. Md. Indiana Rebecca Anderson
1. David (b. 11-11-1777; Pickens Co., SC/d. 12-4-1859: Cass Co., GA (became Bartowe Co.)) md. Elizabeth Cox
1. Joseph (b. 1802; Pickens Co., SC) md. Mourning Cannon [1860 Marshall Co., AL/1850 Gordon
Co., GA] Children as per 1850 Gordon Co. census:
1. Elizabeth C.
3. Mary J.
2. Jemimah (b. 1804; Pickens Co., SC) md. a Dunlap
3. Nancy (b. 1806; Pickens Co., SC) md. Daniel Johnson
4. James (b. 8-11-1808; Pickens Co., SC) md. Sarah Ellis
5. Mary (b. 1810; Pickens Co., SC) md. a Griggs
6. William T. (b. 1812; Pickens Co., SC) Rebecca ?
7. Pendleton J. (b. 1815; Pickens Co., SC) md. Sarah ?
8. Alsey A. (b. 1818; Pickens Co., SC) md. Simion W. Stallings
9. Joshua (b. 1821; Pickens Co., SC) md. Catherine ?
10. Asberry (b. 1822; Pickens Co., SC) md. Huldah ?
11. Sarah E. (b. 1824; Pickens Co., SC) md. William E. Davis
James Barton (b. 1807;SC/d. Bartow Co., GA) md. (1) a Johnson. md. (2) ca 1840 to Sarah Ellis (1816; SC/1900; Bartow Co.) James lived in the Pine Log District of Bartow Co. Children:
[The Joseph Barton Line, Hudgens and Cain, 1987, by Charles S. Barton]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 From: Haznick@aol.com
Joseph barton was my ggggg grandfather. i would be interested in sharing any information that I have.
Date: September, 1998
Joshua F. Barton, b. 1821 S.C. married Catherine Moore 17 Nov. 1846. He was the son of David Barton, b. 17 Nov. 1777 in Pendleton District, S.C., died 04 Dec. 1859 in Bartow Co. (now Cass Co.) GA. David married Elizabeth Cox, daughter of Philip Cox and Jemima Taylor. June 2002 Barton Bulletin published by the Barton Historical Society has quite a bit of information about Joseph Barton's descendants.
Date: June, 1998
My earliest finding of my Bartons is a Joshua F. Barton B. about 1820 in SC. He was married to a Catherine ? b. about 1822; SC. According the 1860 Gordon Co. census, their children were:
Most are buried in Gordon Co., as well. I am descended through David C. b. 11 Dec 1855, md. 30 Mar 1884 to Mary Frances Dillard. He died 4 Dec 1921. David and Mary Frances had the following children:
Site Directory, Home, and Email