COLEMAN COUNTY, TEXAS
Land transaction: A. P. Barton
From: Carl email@example.com
My great-grandfathers name was M. O. Barton. He was born on OCT 8th, 1877 in Coleman County TX. and died Sept. 13, 1946 and buried Delano, CA.
[Carl is Descended from Thomas & Sarah (Wilson) Barton. He has turned in a patriarch file for M. O. Barton.]
M.O. Barton (b. 10-8-1877; SC/d. 9-13-1946; Delano, CA) married Nancy
Ann Washington and had Children(1850 census info):
2. William P who married Mary Sevina Mayberry, 19 Sept. 1876 who had
1. James Madison Barton (mygreat-grandfather), b8Oct1876,Coleman Co. TX. died 13 Sept 1946,Delano, CA. James Madison married three times (1st wife) Mautice (no last name) then divorced????
James Madison married (2nd wife) NannieSmith, they had five children:
2. Layton Lee-b1904 [Children 2 through 6 by Nannie Smith]
3. Loren Henry-b 1906
4. Camille(F)-b1909, died 2 and half years later
5. Leland Carrol-b1910
6. Lester Young-b 25 Feb 1913. Caddo, OK
Nannie passed away and James Madison married the third time to MinnieMay (F)-b 3 Jul 1915, Pudicia TX. Madison and Minnie had eight children:
8. Pauline(F)-b24March1917,Pearsila, OK, died 30Dec1918
9. James Homer(M)b24May1920(my grandfather)Apache,OK.died 6Jan 1989, Boise ID. James Homer married Ethal Marie Haworth and they had four children:
1. Harold James(M)-b1938, Shafter, CA Jerry
2. Carl(M)-b24Feb1940, Wasco, CA. This is my father. Orval
3. Glenn (M)-b19June1942, Shafter, CA
4. Katherine Marie(F)-b 4 Jan 1947.
10. Jewell(F)-b21March1922, Anardko, OK, died 21March1922. Twin sister to Uhel.
11. Uhel(M)-b21March1922, Anardko, OK, died 18Oct 1994, Barkersfield,CA.
12. Loriene Lee(F)
13. Bernice(F)-b8Dec1927,Safford, AZ, died 28March 1999.
14. Imogene(F)-b21Feb1931, Phoenix, AZ. died 26 Jan 1979
2. May Brewton Barton-b14March1985,in Tom Green Co,TX. James
3. Baily Young Barton
4. Willie Ann Barton(F)
William P was killed some time after his third child was born and Mary Mayberry married Fox Johnson.
3. Picney A
4. John C
6. Manelos Barton
A couple of Carl's sources are James Madison's daughter, Loriene, and a book called, "A History of Coleman Co and it's People."
Robert Watson Barton (1821-1888) md. Martha Caroline Shaffer (1828-1922)
and had son:
Fredrick Shaffer Barton (b. 1864; Calhoun Co., MS/d. 1945; Coleman Co. TX) md. 1889 to Dollie Mae Thomas and had children:
Back to Southern Bartons
Barton Bulletin Board
Back to Texas